Doctorate in Clinical Sexology, 2007
Clinical Social Work Institute, Washington, D. C.
PhD Program in Clinical Social Work, 2003-2004
Norfolk State University, Norfolk, Virginia
DSW Program in Social Work, 1995
Norfolk State University
Masters, Social Work, 1992
Combined Army Training Center
United States Army, Europe &7th Army, 1987-1988
Albany State University, Albany Georgia
BA, Sociology, 1982
LICENSE / CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
2009: Adjunct Professor in NSU Doctoral Degree Program - Social Work
2007: Adjunct Professor in NSU Masters Degree Program - Social Work
2007: Member, American Academy of Clinical Sexologists
2007: Member, American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapist
2007: Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
2006: Certified Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
2006: American Board of Sexology (ABS) Certified Diplomate Clinical Sexology
2006: ABS Certified Sex Therapist
2001: Certified Supervisor for Clinical Social Work Licensure (LCSW), Virginia
2000: Mediator, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Hampton, Virginia
1996: Adjunct Professor MSW Program
1996: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
1994: Certified, Military Sexual Trauma Provider
1988: Professional Clinical Certification, Substance Abuse
1988: Advanced Family-Counseling Skills D/A, Certificate
1987: Advanced Counseling Skills D/A, Certificate
1987: Advanced Individual Counseling Skills D/A, Certificate
- Instructor, Virginia Summer Alcohol Institute- Family Healing /Substance Abuse
- Instructor, Morehouse Medical College, Atlanta Ga. - Ph.D. level Internship in Substance Abuse Treatment
- Director, Coordinator, Supervisor, largest Veterans Substance Abuse program in VISN 6.; Rated #1 in the nation in Substance abuse follow-up/aftercare
- Clinical Director, Therapeutic Options - Legal Forensics & Training Consultants, Virginia.
- Provide direct and lateral supervision in substance abuse, two (2) Psychiatrist, two (2) Social Workers, one (1) Nurse Practitioner, one (1) Occupational Therapist Assistant, twelve (12) Addiction Therapists, Medical, Doctoral and Master Level Student Interns.
- Coordinator of the Substance Abuse Continuum of Care Monitor for Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences in Psychiatry.
- Primary Provider, Military Sexual Trauma (psycho-education, group counseling, individual and family counseling).
- Plan, develop, implement ongoing administrative and clinical management of all psychiatry substance abuse programs hospital wide (In all segments of Substance Abuse Treatment, intensive, residential, vocational, aftercare and buprenorphine).
- Provide counseling services to both sexual offenders and victims of Domestic Violence.
- Assist Director of Psychiatry Service in special projects and development of new product lines.
- Assess, Identify and develop training for substance abuse personnel and conduct staff education; supervise all addiction therapists, rehabilitation technicians and clinical staff.
- Provide substance abuse services to specialized populations: spinal cord injury and other physical disabilities, elderly, family members, severe and chronic mental illness and post-traumatic stress disorder-combat related or sexual trauma.
- Oversee the development and implementation of treatment plans specific to the identified needs of the individual patients within substance Abuse Treatment Programs and Substance Abuse Vocational Employment Program; furnish direct care, when necessary, with difficult or problematic patients.
- Responsible for all leadership, organization and management of psychotherapeutic components of assigned rehabilitative programs.
- Responsible for all day to day operations of Substance Abuse Treatment Program in Mental Health
- Coordinate and direct all SA services provided by STAP to all services within the VAMC medical center Director and Chair, Professional Development Committee for Addiction Therapist
- Provide daily individual, group, and family counseling.
- Facilitate specialized groups for women in substance abuse and primary provider for sexual trauma groups for female veterans, VAMC.
- Advisory member, Sexual Trauma Taskforce, VAMC.
- Primary provider, Sexual Trauma Treatment Team, VAMC.
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and daily psychotherapy and psychological evaluations, VAMC
- Design and Implementation of Buprenorphine Program In MH/SA chosen as national model
- Currently designing first Worldwide Systematic and Scientific Sex Survey for Black Females The Sheafe Survey on Black Female Sexuality; (www.usawomensnetwork.com) 2007
- Designed first Worldwide systematic and scientific Sex Survey for Black Males The Sheafe Survey on Black Male Sexuality; (www.usamensnetwork.com) results published in Ph.D., dissertation: The Sexual Practices of Black Males and Societal Myths about Them: A Historical Overview and Contemporary Analysis. 2007
- Designed, Produced and Hosted; Television Talk Show Just Sadie FOX-TV, 1998-99 Social Work to the Masses Through Media
- Provide classroom instruction, Masters Level students in Social Work (in research and substance abuse), 1996
- Taught implementation of various Research techniques, 1996.
- Designed and implemented, Relapse Program at Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Program Design Model is currently used), 1989
- Designed and implemented the Family and Significant Other Treatment Program (FAST) at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The program is currently used at VAMC Hampton on the Abuse Treatment Unit, 1993
- Completed assessment and evaluation, Relapse Program. Designed and measured the results of one year; data was requested following year by Norfolk State University as masters level class project, 1992
PRESENTATIONS, WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS:
- Selected Presenter, National Association of social Workers -Family Healing & Substance Abuse, 2009
- Selected Presenter, Black Psychology International Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, 2009
- Selected Presenter, World International Sexual Conference, Munich, Germany, 2008
- Selected Presenter, VA National Mental Health Conference on Substance Abuse Treatment, 2008, Washington, DC
- Selected Presenter at American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapist National Conference, 2008, New Orleans
- Featured in National Contemporary Sexuality Magazine, May 2008 (Spotlight Member)
- Guest G. Garvin Radio Show-WVON, Chicago, 2008
- Adjunct Professor at Norfolk State University in Masters Program in Social Work (MSW)
- Workshop, October 2007: John Jay College of Criminal Justice, NYC. Brothers In Silence, Treatment Issues for Veteran Survivors of Military Trauma
- Treatment Team Dynamics 2007
- Abusive Relationships and Dysfunctional Families, 2006
- Team Building 2006
- Sexual Response Cycle 2006
- Men, Trauma and Addiction 2006
- Treatment Outcome and Follow-up 2006
- Treating Dual Diagnosis Community Outreach 2005
- Group Relations and Object Relations @ Clinical Social Work Institute, Washington, D. C., 2005
- Men in Relationships 2005
- Substance Abuse and Sexual Trauma; Regional Level Presentation 2005
- Male Sexual Abuse 2004
- Shame and Guilt 2004
- Mending Broken Relationships 2003
- Interpersonal Relationship Violence 2002
- Ethics of Counseling @ Black Association of Criminal Justice 1998/99
- Family Dynamics and Counseling Techniques @ Indian Creek Correctional Facility 1998/99
- Spirituality and Physical Fitness 1997
- Depression in Women/Men 1997
- Healing Damaged Emotions 1997
- Couples in Healing 1997
- Televised Interview PBS Domestic Violence 1995-1996
- Program Presenter Domestic Violence, 1996
- Conducted Seminar on Domestic Violence for United States Army, Fort Eustis, Virginia 1995
- Conducted Seminar on Relationship Addiction for Social Work Education, 1995
- Conducted Domestic Violence Workshop a@ Christopher Newport College, 1995
- Conducted Seminar on Families Trapped in Addiction, 1995
- Radio Interview PBS Domestic Violence 1995
- Lectured at Norfolk State University on Termination With Client 1994
- Lectured at Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Hampton Virginia, on Women Support Groups/Destructive Relationships 1994
- Family Healing @ Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1994
- Lectured at Hampton University, Hampton Virginia, on Substance Abuse and Youth, 1993
- Crossing Ethnical Boundaries @ Substance Abuse Treatment Unit, 1993
- Conducted Briefing to Commanders / Generals in USSAR Spangdahlem, Germany on Substance Abuse in the Community 1988
- Families in Recovery in USSAR, Bitburg, Munich and Baumholder Germany, 1987-1988
- Conducted numerous workshops on Substance Abuse Co-Dependency and Womens Issues1987
- Conducted Substance Abuse Education for Commissioned and Non-Commissioned Military Officers, 1987-1988
- Nominated to Present proposal on Family and Significant Other Treatment (FAST) at the National Social Work Leadership Conference, Las Vegas
- Selected from dozens of applicants to Present proposal at the National Social Work Leadership Conference
- Chairperson, National Association of Social Work, Virginia
- Regional Representative National Association of Social Work, Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Member, Virginia Association of Social Workers
- Member, American Board of Clinical Sexologist (ABS)
- Member, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Member, National Association of Social Work (NASW)
- Member, National Black Counselors Association (NBAC)
- Member, Professional Counselors Association
- Member, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority
- Member, 820th Air force/Army Spouse Club
- President, Social Work Class, 1992
- Member, National Recovery Committee for My Healthy Vet
- Member, VISN Sub-council Committee for SUD monitor
- Member, Military Sexual Trauma Team
- Narcotic Inspector, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Hampton, Virginia
- Chair, National Alcohol and Drug Recovery, MHBH 2005
- Field Supervisor, Graduate and Under-Graduate Social Work Students: Norfolk State University, St. Leo College, Old Dominion University, Christopher Newport University, Thomas Nelson Community College & Virginia Commonwealth University
- Member Entertainment Industry Council First Draft
- Appointed 3 year Member Portsmouth, Va Mental Health Advisory Council Board
- NASW- Hampton Rods Regional Representative (7 cities) elected Member State Board of Directors (2009)
- Chairman Virginia Legislative Committee: NASW, Virginia (2009)
- Chairman (facility, VAMC Hampton) Social Work Professional Standards Board (2009)
- Nominated for Hampton VAMC Woman of the Year Award (2009)
- Selected Team Leader for VAMC Customer Service Monitoring Team/VISN Presentation (2009)
- National Chaplain Training Planning Committee (2008)
- Customer Service Monitor (Team Leader) Administrative Board (2008)
- Certificate of Appreciation for QM Administrative Board of Investigation (2008)
- Nominated for Hampton VAMC Woman of the Year Award (2008)
- Acknowledgement from National Buprenorphine Committee for excellence in leadership in development of Buprenorphine Program; recognized as model in the nation (12/2007)
- Served as a subject matter expert on the National Recovery Committee for MY Healthy Vet a website for Veterans and their families
- Director and Chairman Professional Development Committee for Substance Abuse
- Nominated for National Social Work Leadership Award ( 2007)
- Member (MADD, SADD and DARE)
- Served as a member of the City of Newport News, Virginia City Community Task force on Domestic Violence and Substance Abuse.
- Nominated and selected to serve as a member on the National Learning Recovery Task Force for Military Veterans with Dual diagnosis.